Frequently Asked Questions
Why does NuNee work?
- It's really very simple...it relieves the pressure on your patella (knee cap). Studies reveal that relieving pressure relieves pain.
Will NuNee help me?
- NuNee was specifically designed to relieve the symptoms (aching, burning, stiffness) of Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (aka Runner's Knee). It can also help relieve the symptoms of Patella Tendonitis (Jumper's Knee) and Patella Arthritis.
How long does it take for NuNee to help?
- NuNee typically provides significant and immediate relief. You will know right away if NuNee is going to work for you.
Are there any restrictions for using NuNee?
- We recommend you consult with your doctor about your specific condition prior to use. NuNee is designed for use with above the knee apparel. It is not recommended for use if you have adhesive allergies, open wounds, or have had recent surgery. It should also not be worn during contact sports, while kneeling, or while crawling.
When should I wear NuNee?
- NuNee should be worn during any activity that causes knee discomfort. It should not be worn during periods of inactivity.
How long do the knee patches last?
- They are designed to stay on for up to 5 days after which we recommend you remove it and wait 12-24 hours before putting a new patch on. The patches are waterproof and may be worn while bathing.
Is NuNee comfortable?
- Yes! It’s designed for comfort, although it may take some getting used to if you’ve never worn a knee sleeve or wrap before. We suggest starting out by wearing it for 30 minutes and then gradually increasing the time as you get used to it.
Is NuNee durable?
- Yes. It’s withstood the rigors of Ironman training and competition. We think that’s a pretty solid test of its durability.
Will NuNee fit me?
- NuNee is one size and will fit most adults. It is not designed for use by small children.